The Policy Studies Institute (PSI) is mandated to conduct rigorous research and policy analysis that provide evidence based inputs to policymaking and policy implementations, and disseminate its research outputs, knowledge and findings to the policymakers, researchers, academia, development partners, and other stakeholders. PSI is seeking qualified candidates to strengthen its Monitoring and Evaluation Systems for lesson learning, accountably and evidence based reporting. In this regard, PSI is looking for a potential candidates with a proven track record in developing M&E system (both digital and non-digital tools).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic guidance and technical inputs for the implementation of Digital M&E System in close coordination with the management of PSI and project team;
- Coordinate and support the research project team to develop Key Performance Indicators(KPIs) both at activity and output/outcome levels;
- Lead the development of a digital M&E strategy for the projects(government and non-government) with linkages and interfaces to national and international projects to facilitate the adoption and use of data and digital tools,
- Provide strategic guidance and inputs for the research teams to implement project/center specific digital ME strategies, tools;
- Provide technical inputs for developing common and center specific reporting tools, data protocols and standardized approaches for data analytics and monitoring and evaluation of projects
- Lead and ensure the successful establishment of a digital platform to enable data aggregation from all projects(both government and nongovernment);
- Lead PSI's analysis and development of systematic insights and learnings from data collected from projects and harness it for knowledge creation and dissemination;
- Contribute to the maturation of digital tools and data-driven solutions for partnerships and the data and lessons learned from implementation of policy instruments.
- Closely coordinate with the statistics Lead officer and database manager for any related assignments;
- Coordinate with key stakeholders (both local and international) to closely monitor and evaluate the implementation of policy tools/instruments that are primarily contributed by PSI for lesson learning and identifying best practices.
- Monitor and assess project progress and results according to the project results framework and M&E Plan leveraging the data management platform as in the program's M&E database;
- Aggregate M&E data from all project and develop a consolidated view of program-wide results and impact for communicating and reporting on program results;
- Work closely with national projects to ensure operationalization and harmonization of a common data reporting framework to track progress toward project and program objectives;
- Support technical work such as periodically reviewing M&E methods, contributing substantively to the design and field testing of the monitoring methodology(ies), or designing M&E tools (e.g. surveys) all projects/projects.
- Ensure documentations of every M&E tools and reports for easy access and utilization.
- Provide related and other professional services as needed;
Education, Qualifications Essential Knowledge, Skills, Competencies, and Experience
- PhD/Master's degree in Computer Science, International development studies, Information Management System, economics, or other relevant field; Excellent English language skills (writing, reading, speaking, editing)
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation, particularly in the digital M&E system.
- Excellent writing, reasoning, and analytical skills
- Experience in the design and/or implementation of data management systems for monitoring and evaluation of Research/development projects at national level;
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in methodology development, data analysis, and data management, both quantitative and qualitative;
- Strong experience in developing and managing digital M&E systems, tools etc
- Practical experience in utilizing digital research tools such as ODK, CSPro, AtlasTi etc;
- Exposure to Statistical Software such as STATA, SPSS, Eviews etc
- Knowledge about multilateral technical cooperation and international development priorities and framework, strong exposure to the government system of Ethiopia and the national development policies and strategies;
- Ability to prioritize own workload and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to lead complex M&E teams
- Excellent computer skills including MS
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS project
- PSI will hire applicants on a contract basis
- The job is expected to last for a period of one year beginning from early June, 2022 and would be renewed based on the performance of the candidate
- Salary Negotiable
- Benefits attractive
- Before applying, please make sure that you have read the requirements for the position and that you qualify.
- Applications from non-qualifying applicants will most likely be discarded by the recruiting committee.
- Please send all required application credentials with a cover later electronically to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or you can leave your application package at the Information Desk of the Human Resource Development and Administration Directorate at the Policy Studies Institute (PSI). Our address is at the Blue Building next to the Stadium Area Roads Authority or behind Betezata Hospital.
- Applications will be accepted for 20 working days starting from the day of posting
- Place of work: Addis Ababa
- The application documents should include a CV and a cover letter specifying how the applicant is qualified to conduct the proposed tasks
Note: The required number of employee for each of position announced above will be
You can call 0911731179/09113610153 for more information.